Liberty Insurance Singapore is a 100% owned strategic business unit of Liberty Mutual Insurance Group. Headquartered in Boston, Liberty Mutual Insurance Group is a diversified global insurer and the 5th largest property and casualty insurer in the U.S based on 2015 direct written premium. It ranks 73rd on the Fortune 100 list of largest corporations in the U.S. based on 2015 revenue. As of 31 December 2015, Liberty Mutual Insurance Group had US$121.7 billion in consolidated assets, US$102.5 billion in consolidated liabilities and US$37.6 billion in annual consolidated revenue.
Liberty Mutual Insurance Group operates with a global view across five continents and employs more than 50,000 employees in approximately 800 offices throughout the world.
Due to the growth of our business in Singapore an exciting opportunity has arisen for a Surveyor Executive to join our team in the Singapore office.
- Examine damaged vehicles within defined service standards.
- Assess vehicle damage and give fair and independent assessment on repair costs for most accurate reserving.
- Conduct physical inspection and re-inspection of the damaged and the repaired vehicle.
- Negotiating the cost of repairs with workshops in accordance with agreed discounts.
- Provide market value of damaged for total loss vehicles.
- Proactive handling of all total loss cases and timely assessment and confirmation to the motor claims and recovery team.
- Maintain a close co-ordination with motor claims, recovery and SIU team.
- Working closely with our panel of workshops for improving the relationship with them.
- Pro-active interaction with spare parts analyst and workshops for developing a better dateabase of spare parts and costs.
- Pro-active interaction with dispatch item for improving the programming of surveys.
- To produce and keep updated the Ranking of Workshops based and the criteria defined for it.
- Diploma level or higher
- At least 5 years relevant work experience in motor repair and/or insurance industry.
- Have a sound knowledge of motor vehicles, motor values, their market values and modern repair procedures.
- Strong communication and negotiation skills
- Ability for producing written communications with internal customers, suppliers and lawyers.
- Wide view of the business for producing efficient assessments.